Last month I wrote about starting on a Beauty Budget Challenge – where I challenged myself to only spend SGD300 over the next 3 months on any beauty or skincare products. Whatever that I’ve not spent in the first few months will be carried over and can be spent in the remaining months. And here I am, back with the first month’s updates!
Items purchased in Aug 2017:
– Shokubutsu Radiance Seaweed & Orange Body Foam (S$4.80)
– Audace Hair Reactive and Hair Fall Control Tonic (S$15.60)
– Sebamed Anti-Hairloss Shampoo (S$23.88)
– Dove Body Wash (S$2.00)
– Cetaphil Skin Cleanser (S$17.52 after 20% discount)
– Bell Hypoallergenic Nude Eyeshadow Palette (S$10.32 after 20% discount)
Total Spending: S$74.12
Budget Remaining: S$225.88
I think the first month went rather well – I didn’t buy many unnecessary beauty items. My hair has been falling a lot so most of what I’ve purchased focused on preventing more hair fall. I also bought a random palette which I’ve reviewed earlier, because it was from a brand that I’ve never seen before and wanted to get something to try. I was totally out of bodywash and I had a 20% discount, so thought it was a good time to stock up on some.
All in all, I thought I was really well controlled in the first month and I also didn’t really feel like I was deprived. Let’s see if I can keep this up in the next 2 months!